Thursday, October 05, 2006

The whistle and the water...


So I originally wanted my first post to show beautiful pictures of Rijeka, of my wonderful team and roommates, and I will be sure to post something along those lines soon, but I have decided to use this first post to introduce you to my two nemeses in Rijeka. I was made aware to them both my first day in the city. The first being the stately gentlemen with the whistle in his mouth.. He made himself known to myself and my roommate Allison at let's say 6:00 a.m. I guess he wanted to welcome our team to the country. Apparently they turn off some stop lights in the city to help police in training direct traffic.. He's been whistling us good morning tunes ever sense..




The second is perhaps the most cruel and unkind object I have ever come across. I have come to know the sign to the right to mean death and destruction. Although I have only had the horror of coming across this frightening image twice since being in Rijeka, I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. The arrow in the picture is displaying the amount of hot water we have in our hot water heater.. The farther it is to the left, the more horrible the pain of ice-cold water running down my body is. I was going to take a picture of what I looked like after my shower, but I didn't want to scare you, perhaps another time, as I'm sure I will run into that horrible sign again with 4 girls sharing our bathroom.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Matt Mikalatos said...

Whistles are cool. I am going to have one next year at stint briefing.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sunny said...

i love that the first ever comment on my blog, is "you farted" by none other than my boyfriend, who could have said any of the following, "i love you" "I miss you" "I've been praying for you" "you're the best.." but no.. it was, "you farted".... how could i ever be so lucky

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is nothing due to me on that score?
cheap hydrocodone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home