Monday, November 13, 2006

What's the going rate?


First, let me apoloigze for the lack of writing, Matt, Zoron, Zvrki.. I'm not sure i'm cut out for professional blogging like some of my friends, but I will try to work at it..

So this weekend, I heard an alarming conversation among some of my team members over a nice dinner while we were having a team weekend in Bojinj this weekend..
"So how many camels did we think we could get her for?" team member 1
"I can't remember what we ended up with." team member 2
"I wonder how much camels cost in Morocco." team member 1
"Ya I'm not really sure, but we should be able to get quite a few. Moroccans like blonde hair, so I'm sure they would pay a decent amount for her." team member 2
"Are you guys talking about selling me for some camels when we're in Morocco?!? It sounds like this conversation is a continuom of a previous conversation which frightens me a little." Me
"Oh ya, when was that..? A few days ago _____ and I were talking about our vacation to Morocco, and we were just wondering how many camels we could get if we sold you to some guy to be his wife?" team member 1

This is how much I am loved by my team.. they would sell me for a pack of camels.. The conversation ended with me actually being onboard with the idea, as long as my team promises to steal me back, and then we can ride our camels back to Rijeka.. They could be a great ministry tool!

6 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger John said...

Hey, at least we said we wouldn't settle for less than 40 camels.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Allison said...

At least we know who one of the team members was! Haha, Sunny I wouldn't sell you for a camel...not only because I love you but secondly because you clean up after yourself. I mean imagine that amount of poop we would have to scoop with 40 camels... And our apartment would smell like that tractor we passed going to Bohinj. =0)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Brian said...

of course, we can get a pack of camels for about 4 bucks here in the states. menthols no less.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

Yeah, if you were a pack of camels, I'd smoke you. You're hot.

Seriously, though. No more baby talk.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

ha ha ha. I think we should do it! we can sell you multiple times and then just steal you back each time within the hour. I bet we could make 120 camels! ... you should probably never go back to Morocco though. You might have 5 men who think they own you.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Matt Mikalatos said...

I suppose that, legally, they actually *would* own you.

Dirty American thieves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home